360 Old Jackson Highway,
South Carolina 29831
In 1735 - 1736 Mr. George Golphin, a native of Ireland, came to South Carolina. He established a trading post and store near what is known as "Silver Bluff Landing." Mr. George Golphin had met all types of people here, which brought a great deal of trading to this area. The spirit of justice and kindness was manifested in all his dealings with people of the weaker races, they saw him as a man of kindly soul. It was by his consent the Gospel of Christ was preached to the area. It is speculated that the congregation denominationally evolved from Presbyterian and Methodist to Baptist.